Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back from vacation - Drama

So this weekend was the big birthday bonanza for my daughter. Long 6 hour drive to and from California from Arizona. For the most part it wasn’t too bad, except for my daughter being a little mouthy and me forgetting to bring the tub of stuff which included the clothing of one of the girls, which led to me having to buy clothes and other necessities for her, but other than that. Not too horrible. LOL
Disneyland was ok. Didn’t go on as many rides as they would have liked to have gone on. The World of Color show was pretty cool, we lined up almost 2 hours before the show and still didn’t get front row seats, so the kids still missed some the stuff lower to the water and unfortunately, we were right behind a pillar, which impeded some of our view too, but it was still worth it (I thought anyhow). Next time though, I would spend the money to buy the dinner tickets and get the good seats, instead of doing Goofy’s Kitchen in the morning.
I have to ask… Why do your kids have to act up, when you are doing something nice for them? And when there are a million people around? I’m telling you, Kirstyn was in top form this weekend. To say that she is on restriction is an understatement. I’m actually cutting out her singing and piano lessons for a month for her acting up. Maybe longer, because she has to earn them back. I’m tired of the attitude. 13 or not, it’s time to shape up that ‘tude and realize that you have to earn respect to be given it!
I have been talking with some of my other mommy friends and we thought we should institute a 6 month trade program, since other people’s kids always seem to behave when they are with you. So we will switch kids every six months, so they will behave well. =) Think it will work?

~Miss
*

No comments:

Post a Comment